Call for AbstractsApplicants are invited to share their scientific results at the event as a poster. Short talks will be selected from submitted abstracts by organizers. Abstracts must be submitted via the online Registrant's Account before 15 May 2018.
Each applicant can submit one abstract to the event. Accepted abstracts will be searchable on Registrant's Account around the time of the event, and collated in an abstract book.
Abstract submission guide
- After logging to your Registrant's Account, select the 'Abstract' tab on the top menu of your participant account on the Congress website.
- Abstract Track: Invited speakers should select Lecture. All other abstract submissions should be into the Poster track. If you would like your abstract to be considered for presentation as a Short talk, please answer 'Yes' to the question about oral presentation.
- Title: Your abstract title should be short and informative, and must not exceed 200 characters. It must be written in sentence case – do not write your title in all capital letters.
- Authors and Institutions: Please add authors by using the 'Add/Edit Author' button. The presenting author can be changed by clicking the ‘Edit Author’ button of the preferred author and by choosing ‘Yes’ for ‘Presenter’ field. The order of authors can also be changed by editing the ‘Numerical Order’ of an author. Author names will be automatically formatted in the following style: A. Smith, B. Jones, etc. The author's workplace address must be added for every author listed – this can be done via the Add/Edit Author's Workplace(s) button.
- Abstract Body:
- Your abstract body can have a maximum of 2000 characters (including formatting and spaces). The abstract body should be presented as one single paragraph – do not use paragraph returns.
- Please use the Abstract Text field to type the abstract body only. The text can also be copied and pasted into this field, but if this method is used we recommend that the text is pasted as plain text. Editing tools are provided for formatting; see note 5c. Please use the ‘Preview’ button to check the final format of your abstract body carefully.
- Special characters can be added using the ‘Special Character’ choice under ‘Insert’ tab. Superscript (x2) and subscript (x2) characters can be formatted using the relevant selection under the ‘Format’ tab. Take care not to use I (cap i) or l (ell) for 1 (one), O (capital o) for 0 (zero) or ß (German esszett) for β (beta).
- Tables, charts or other figures are not permitted.
- Do not include any reference citations, keywords or commercial advertising.
- Editing and submission: You can edit your abstract through the online system as you wish before your submission deadline, clicking 'Save' to keep your abstract as a draft. To submit your abstract to the event, simply click 'Submit' ahead of your deadline. However, please proofread your work carefully and ensure all details are correct ahead of submission. You can view your final text by clicking the ‘Preview’ button in the ‘Abstracts’ page. Editing or other changes to your abstract are not possible after you have clicked Submit, and accepted abstracts will not be copyedited ahead of posting.